UC Education Abroad Program
- About EAP
- How to Apply for EAP
- When to apply for EAP
- Summer 2013, Fall 2013, & Academic Year 2013 - 14 EAP Programs
- Spring 2014 & Calendar Year 2014 EAP Programs
- Tips for a successful EAP application
- Watch this 5 minute video for tips on getting started!
- Over 500 UCSC students study abroad each year through the University of California Education Abroad Program (EAP).
- While on EAP, students earn UC credit, not transfer credit. EAP courses apply towards your degree. See the Academic Planning page for more info.
- All financial aid applies to EAP programs.
- Over half of all EAP programs are in English. Check out EAP English Programs.
- Check out EAP by GPA to find programs for which you qualify.
- To explore programs and start the application process, visit the EAP website.
- Need help choosing a program? Meet with an advisor or peer advisor
How to apply for EAP
1. Explore the EAP website to select a program, then click "Apply Now" to start your application online. Visit the International Education Office if you need help selecting a program.
2. Submit your application in person to the International Education Office. You may only apply to one EAP program per term, so be sure to choose your program carefully, and only apply if you meet the program's requirements.
When to apply for EAP
- Applications are accepted from 9 AM on the Open Date until 4 PM on the Close Date.
- No late applications, no exceptions. No incomplete applications.
- Check the Application Urgency Chart to see if your program is impacted.
- The limited capacity (impacted) programs' application deadline has been extended to January 10th, with the exception of the following CLOSED programs:
EAP-Australia: Marine Biology and Terrestrial Ecology (Fall '13)
EAP-Costa Rica: Tropical Biology and Conservation (Fall '13)
EAP-Hong Kong: HKU (Fall '13 and Year 13-14)
EAP-Ireland: Irish Universities (Fall '13 and Year 13-14)
EAP-UK: Scottish Parliament Internship (Fall '13)
EAP Multi-Country Programs: Madrid/Rome & London/Paris (Spring '13)