Other Visa Types

UC Santa Cruz only sponsors F-1 and J-1 student visa status. UCSC International Scholar & Student Services (ISSS) only advises F-1 and J-1 students.

If you will attend UC Santa Cruz in a visa status that is neither F-1 nor J-1, please make sure it is a status that will allow school attendance. If you would like to change status to F-1 or J-1 because you are expiring out of your current status, or for any other reason, please contact an International Student Advisor at istudent@ucsc.edu.

For information on how other types of visa classifications (Non-F or J) affect California Residency for tuition purposes at UC Santa Cruz, please contact the Office of the Registrar.