New Student Mandatory Visa Check-in
Spring 2014 Quarter
All new F-1 and J-1 international students are required to report to ISSS within 15 days of the program start date. Failure to complete check-in may result in the termination of your SEVIS record and loss of your F-1 or J-1 status.
|Date:||Tuesday, April 1, 2014|
9:00am to 10:00 am
Room 201 Classroom Unit Building
You must bring the following documents to the check-in meeting:
- Original passport
- Original I-20 (F-1 student) or DS-2019 (J-1 Exchange Visitor)
- Photocopy of the paper or electronic I-94 Departure/Arrival record. The electronic I-94 is accessible at www.cbp.gov/i94, about 48 hours after arrival in the U.S. For more information, please visit http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/i-94_instructions/.
- Photocopy of your passport identity page
- Photocopy of the F-1 or J-1 visa (Canadian citizens exempt)
- Photocopy of Form I-20 or DS-2019 (include previous I-20s/DS-2019s if transfer student)
- Photocopy of admission stamp in passport (with "F-1 D/S" or "J-1 D/S" notation)
Please make copies of immigration documents AFTER arriving in the U.S. Copy machines are located in campus libraries (McHenry or Science & Engineering). At the check-in meeting, an International Student Advisor will review your documents and present information to help you stay legal while in the U.S. At anytime after arriving in the U.S., update your local (U.S. residential address) and permanent home country address in your student (MyUCSC) portal.