International Mingles & Photo Contests
The International Mingles and Photo Contests are some of the most exciting events of the year! Join the UCSC international community in an internationally-inspired, relaxed evening. Two events feature photo contests in which both international students and study abroad returnees participate. See more details below.
- Fall 2014 International Mingle
- Winter 2015 International Mingle & International Student Photo Contest
- Spring 2015 International Mingle & Programs Abroad Photo Contest
Fall 2014 International Mingle
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
7:00pm - 9:00pm
Woodstock's Pizza, Downtown Santa Cruz
Join the UCSC international community for an International Mingle at Woodstock's Pizza in downtown Santa Cruz. Eat delicious food! Meet new people! Catch up with friends.
Wednesday, February 25, 2015
Time and location to be announced.
International Student Photo Contest Details
The photo contest is strictly for current UCSC international students.
- Photo entries must be digital photographs taken within the U.S. and/or Santa Cruz area
- You can submit up to 2 entries: both in the same category, or one in each of the following categories:
Category I: Natural & Urban Landscapes
Category II: People & Culture
- Save each photograph’s file name using the following format:
Your Full Name_Photograph’s Title | Example: ArielleFreitas_Banana Slug.jpeg
- Acceptable file formats for photos include: .jpg, .gif, and .png
- Download the entry form here: w2014-isss-photo-contest-entry-form.pdf
- From your UCSC email account, send your completed entry form and your photo(s) as attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subjectline:
2014W Photo Contest _Your Last Name | Example: 2014W Photo Contest _Freitas
NOTE: Entry forms and photos sent from a non-UCSC email will not be considered.
Before 5pm on Wednesday, February, 19th, 2014
Selection & Winners:
Fellow international students, study abroad students, and the IEO staff will vote on photos during the evening of the International Mingle & International Student Photo Contest. First, Second, and Third place winners will be notified after the event by email and receive prizes from local businesses. Winning photos will be posted on the UCSC International Education Office website and the ISSS Facebook Page.
Date, time and location to be announced.
- This contest is strictly for UCSC study abroad past participants.
You can submit up to 2 photos in the same category or 2 photos spread across two different categories.
Categories include Natural & Urban Landscapes and/or People & Culture.
Must be digital photos.
Complete the required entry form (online).
Label each photograph with the following- A) Name; B) Title (Example: Chris-Hanson-Banana Slug.jpeg).
Acceptable file formats for photos include .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, and .png.
Send the Entry Form and your 2 photos to email@example.com with the subject line "Programs Abroad Photo Contest _Last Name"(Example: Programs Abroad Photo Contest _Eiserman).
Please send your photos and entry form using your UCSC e-mail only.
Submission Deadline: To be determined.
Winners will be notified via email. First, Second and Third place winners will receive prizes from local businesses. All winning photos will be posted on the UCSC International Education Office website.
The International Education Office is dedicated to making our events accessible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request disability accommodations to any of our events.