International Friends Program
The International Friends Program (IFP) connects study abroad returnees with international students studying at UCSC. The program enhances international students' experience by providing them with an opportunity to build a personal connection, further understand US culture, and facilitate their adjustment to UCSC. For our study abroad returnees, the IFP provides a way to further enhance their international experiences and understanding.
IFP participants will be matched during the end of June. Friends will then be able to converse with each other over the Summer and meet once the Fall quarter begins. We will have a variety of events during the Academic Year for all IFP participants to come together and socialize.
- Be committed, engaged, open-minded and respectful of others' cultures and differences.
- Exchange emails with your matched friend(s) at least twice before the Fall quarter begins.
- Come to our evening IFP events during each quarter (October 15, January 28, and May 6).
- Meet with your friend(s) at least once each quarter outside of our events.
- Complete a short survey regarding your IFP experience each quarter.
Applications were due June 22. We plan on informing accepted applicants of their matched IFP friend(s) by the first week of July. Depending on demand, we may open IFP for another round of applications near the start of the academic year. For more information please contact our office.
The International Education Office is dedicated to making our events accessible. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request disability accommodations to any of our events.